Wednesday 28 December 2011

Homemade home; Bedroom 1

We are now just about in week 6 of our refurbishment of our house and to be honest its been a very slow few weeks. 


We have decided to try and finish the twins bedroom before my husband goes back to work from his Christmas break. This is the room that needs the least work. Just wallpaper stripping, re plastering walls and ceiling and moving the light (All the lights in the house are in very strange places so we are having them centred).
 We have also sanded back the wood floors ready to be painted.

Before 



After



 The floorboards sanded back



All ready I feel like the room looks better, especially now that artex ceiling has gone!. Cannot wait to start decorating. Soon as the wallpaper arrives, its going to be the cutest boys bedroom. I have chosen Cath Kidston 'Vintage cars' for the boys room.

Vintage cars wallpaper by Cath Kidston


I think its fits in  perfectly with  my vintage, British theme.

I have picked up a lovely little paper lantern shade, from Homebase, for the twins room. My brother had one when we were children and I love them!. Simple, inexpensive and they look lovely!


2d planes lantern £3.99 Homebase

I  must get some pictures of the furniture bought. A beautiful gentleman's wardrobe and a 1930's chest of drawers that someone has painted yellow, very badly!. I am going to sand it back very slightly so it looks distressed. Fingers crossed the first room will be finished before January 3rd...Watch this space!.


 Lauren x

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I've just read about you in Homes and Antiques magazine and I'm inspired with what you are doing both in your home and business. Well done!

    PS I can't believe you have three children too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!. So lovely to hear such a nice comment =)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!. So lovely to hear such a nice comment =)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete